Dingle Marathon07 June, 2011 0 comments
JoggingBuddy is proud to be associated with the Dingle Marathon. The Dingle Marathon takes place o the 3rd September this year. If you are looking for a great event to run don't miss out.
JoggingBuddy members also get a discount on this event. The Discount code is: DINGLE2011
ABOUT THE MARATHON
The full marathon travels 26.2 miles around the spectacular Dingle peninsula. It is a challenging run and is not to be under estimated. There are a number of tough up hill sections which will test even the hardest of runners. Study the course elevation below and be prepared for this.
Nature has provided some spectacular scenery which will keep your spirits lifted along the route. Use the Google maps and tour provided which will give you an idea of where we are taking you.
The Dingle Marathon stands out from other marathons for a number of unique reasons. The stunning location, taking in one of the World's most scenic drives - Slea head. The rich history of the region, from stone age forts and the Unesco World Heritage site of Skellig Michael.
- The full marathon starts at 9AM from the sea front in Dingle town.
- All runners must fill out and wear a race number, this number contains your timing chip.
- Water stations are located every 3 miles.
- The course is marked in miles.
- Both mile 9 and mile 21 will have both Lucozade gels and bananas.
Your entrance fee includes: Race entry, chip timing, pack delivered to your door, pasta party, entertainment, long sleeve shirt, medal, BBQ, entrance to night club.
THE HALF MARATHON
The half marathon is exactly 13.1 miles and has some interesting little ups and downs.The half marathon takes in the best of what Dingle has to offer.
As you travel past Ventry and beyond, you will encounter some breath taking views. It would not be considered an extremely tough run (as opposed to the full) but is challenging none the less.
- The race finishes up in Dunquin where refreshments are available, buses are then provided for your return.
- Use the Google maps and tour provided which will give you a good idea of the route.
- Race starts at 9AM from the main sea front.
- Race packs will be sent to your shipping address. A pre registration is only required if you are from outside Republic Of Ireland.
- Your race number will have a chip attached to the inside, race bib must be filled out and worn.
- Spectators are not allowed at the half way or not allowed to use the bus service.
Your entrance fee includes: Race entry, chip timing, pack delivered to your door, pasta party, entertainment, bus journey, long sleeve shirt, medal, BBQ, physio, entrance to night club.